Treatment at The Cabin Chiang Mai
The Cabin’s Addiction Treatment Method
Our inpatient addiction treatment method is comprised of a modern, intelligent, physical and holistic program for which we are highly commended amongst the medical community globally. The principal treatment used is Recovery Zones – it combines Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), 12 Steps and Mindfulness Meditation.
- The CBT elements of the programme provide a highly personalised approach tailored to the individual's specific addiction treatment needs.
- The 12 Steps are explained through a series of workshops using 'secular', or non-religious language to better suit our diverse clientele.
- Mindfulness meditation is used as an evidence based way of treating mental and emotional health disorders like anxiety and depression which co-occur with addiction
The core substance abuse treatment program is augmented by tailored Exercise Therapy. The overall aim is to create both a sound mind and body.
However some of our clients are also experiencing trauma or PTSD symptoms. We provide an evidence based therapy called EMDR for treatment of these conditions.
Some clients may also need detoxification (see below) due to physical dependence on substances. Safe withdrawal can also be conducted onsite.
Addiction treatment usually consists of 2 main elements:
- Medical - supervised drug or alcohol detox, plus supervised and responsible prescribing for mental health or physical health issues
- Psychological and Behavioural – This includes counseling and mindfulness
28 Day Accelerated Program / 60 day/ 90 Day Recovery Program / Tailored-duration Program
- Treatment is available for alcohol addiction and drug addiction as well as behavourial addictions such as gambling/overeating/sex.
- Aside from regular consultation with the doctor-in-residence, clients are attended to by counsellors (group and individual therapy) as well as support staff.
- Physical Therapy will be conducted by our excellent and experienced team of Fitness Instructors who have an in-depth understanding of the fitness issues faced by addicts.
- Family Treatment Programme that involves and educates the family of the client about addiction and recovery.
- Regular excursions are conducted to places of interest as well as off-site activities and sports. Chiang Mai, being a popular tourist destination, offers a plethora of such options.
- Concierge services are provided by the in-house Thai receptionists.
- All meals are fully catered for in-house and include a wide range of popular Thai as well as international cuisine.
Our Weekly Program (view schedule) is varied and dynamic creating a lifestyle for our clients which is both interesting and exciting and conducive to their recovery.
The Cabin’ Sober House in Chiang Mai City is the next stage after completing detox and primary treatment. It is a natural progression and an opportunity for our clients to apply what they have learned in the community safely and with support...
Relapse prevention and aftercare are an extremely important part of the recovery process. When a client leaves The Cabin they are just beginning their journey of recovery and will face many challenges and temptations as they begin their new life back home...