Working with the Addiction Treatment Community
At The Cabin, we aim to advance understanding of addiction through information and resource sharing and collaboration with other industry professionals. We work closely with universities, government bodies, counselling practices, referring doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists and interventionists as well as a host of other figures in the addiction treatment community. The Cabin is licensed by the Thai Ministry of Health and our internationally accredited clinicians, board-certified psychiatrist, team of British, American and Australian trained psychologists, and 24-hour nursing staff are all fully committed to protecting and enhancing our reputation as the leading addiction treatment centre in the region, and one of the best in the world. As part of The Cabin Addiction Services Group
, a global leader in addiction and behavioural health treatment with facilities around the world, The Cabin is connected to many addiction networks we can leverage to advance our common goals.
Addiction Specialists at The Cabin
The Cabin’s Western-trained and licensed professional rehab counselling team has many decades combined experience in treating drug, alcohol and process addictions.
Referring a Client to The Cabin
Our Relationship Manager is dedicated to handling the entire referral process to ensure smooth communication and transitions for all involved parties.
Individual Payment Plans Available
The counselling team
is complemented by a fulltime medical staff specalised in addiction treatment comprised of a prominent psychiatrist, several psychologists and 10 nursing staff who are onsite 24 hours, 7 days a week. The ratio of clinical staff to clients is one to one and overall the centre boasts 120 fulltime staff members.
What We Treat
The Cabin treats all addictions, including process addictions such as gambling, sex and food. We specialize in the following areas:
- Food Addiction – Our pioneering Recovery Zones treatment model allows us to comprehensively treat addictions such as food for which complete abstinence may not be possible. Healthy food in appropriate portions will be served to the client each day, making it an easier option for recovery. Our programme is supplemented by physical therapy put clients back on the road to good health.
- Youth and Addiction – The Cabin Edge, our revolutionary programme for young men, uses the hardships of Muay Thai boxing, triathlon training and wilderness adventure as cornerstones of recovery. Clients receive group and individual therapy designed specifically for youth, and have the option to step down and extend their programme, becoming mentors for future participants.
- Sex Addiction – The Cabin Chiang Mai is specialised and experienced in treating sex addiction through a combination of therapeutic approaches, mindfulness and fitness therapy. Our tranquil inpatient setting ensures clients have complete confidentiality, receive constant care and are removed from their triggers.
- Trauma and PTSD – We understand that many people who suffer from addiction also meet the criteria for PTSD, and use a multi-faceted approach to co-treat addiction and trauma disorders.
Previous and Ongoing Work with Addiction Professionals
Some of The Cabin Chiang Mai’s work with addiction professionals includes:
- Ongoing participation at leading addiction conferences worldwide including WCSAD,UKESAD, APBAM; keynote addresses by our senior clinical team
- Conducting training for various government health departments including Thailand and The Maldives, with their respective medical and nursing staff working in the addiction field
- Press appearances by the senior clinical team designed to raise awareness of the causes of addiction and its treatment globally, and in the SE Asian region specifically
- Collaboration with various universities in order to train their medical and counselling students and to further research in the field of addiction
- Hosting conferences for addiction professionals from around the globe to share knowledge and create meaningful partnerships
- Contributions to addiction treatment research publications