The Cabin’s Addiction Treatment Method
The Cabin’s Addiction Treatment Method
Our inpatient addiction treatment method is comprised of a modern, intelligent, physical and holistic programme for which we are highly commended amongst the medical community globally and includes the following elements:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), providing a highly personalised approach tailored to the individual’s specific addiction treatment needs.
- The 12 Steps are explained through a series of workshops using ‘secular’, or non-religious language to better suit our diverse clientele.
- Mindfulness meditation is used as an evidence-based way of treating mental and emotional health disorders such as anxiety and depression which co-occur with addiction.
- The core addiction treatment programme is augmented by tailored physical therapy.
Recovery Zones – The Cabin’s Principal Addiction Treatment Method
Recovery Zones is a method that combines the evidence-based techniques of CBT, but retains the time-tested structure of 12 Step therapy and the benefits and support of their fellowships and resources. The programme is conducted by Western-trained and licensed professionals with vast experience in addiction treatment. At The Cabin, we use the Recovery Zones because it is an easy way to combine the best elements of CBT, 12 Steps and Mindfulness Meditation into an integrative approach to addiction treatment.
Mindfulness and The Recovery Zone
Mindfulness is a meditation style which originated in SE Asia but which is now very popular around the world in psychological health settings (link). It has been used widely by health services in the West to treat depression, anxiety and PTSD, and is now gaining ground as an effective treatment for addiction. Mindfulness concentrates on:Slowing Down – becoming more aware of our thoughts and our body movements/sensations. Urge Surfing – The ability to see through cravings by assimilating the addictive thought into the meditation practice, Body Scanning – Also known as progressive relaxation. This is an aspect of mindfulness which greatly aids relaxation and sleep, which aids recovery from addiction.
One on One & Group Therapy
One on one therapy sessions will always be conducted with your dedicated case manager who will remain with you from the beginning to the end of your treatment. They will help you work out your Recovery Zones and share it in group sessions. Group Therapy is utilised in our residential rehab addiction treatment method because not only your counsellors, but also your peer group, have a profound effect on your recovery. It is the main difference between residential treatment and community outpatient treatment/counselling. In a residential setting like rehab, your peer group enables you to see more of your issues than you would otherwise, and the dynamic of working through your issues with others “in the same boat” is proven to be more effective than battling it alone.
Physical Therapy included in Treatment
Exercise enhances an individual’s physical well-being and helps them to build strength while in rehab. At The Cabin Chiang Mai, we offer the following physical therapy options as part of our addiction treatment method: – Yoga – Pilates – Personal training – Mountain biking – Aqua fitness – Body combat Each of our clients is provided with a customised programme tailored to their individual tastes and requirements, and it is augmented by a full mindfulness therapy regimen to enhance the recovery process.
Detox Prior to Treatment
Before beginning our addiction treatment method, some clients may also need detoxification due to physical dependence on addiction substances. Safe withdrawal can also be conducted onsite.
Treating Trauma and Co-occurring Disorders
We provide an evidence based therapy called EMDR for treatment of these conditions. For those suffering from other mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression or mood disorders, we can offer treatment for co-occurring disorders and addiction simultaneously.
Addiction Treatment Services Offered
One Month Accelerated Programme / Two Month / Three Month Recovery Programme / Tailored-duration Programme
- Treatment is available for substance addiction as well as behavioural addictions such as gambling addiction, sex addiction and internet addiction.
- Aside from regular consultation with the doctor-in-residence, clients are attended to by counsellors (group and individual therapy) as well as support staff.
- Physical Therapy will be conducted by our excellent and experienced team of fitness instructors who have an in-depth understanding of the fitness issues faced by addicts.
- Family Treatment Programme that involves and educates the family of the client about addiction and recovery.
- Regular excursions are conducted to places of interest as well as off-site activities and sports. Chiang Mai, being a popular tourist destination, offers a plethora of such options.
- Concierge services are provided by the in-house Thai receptionists.
- All meals are fully catered for in-house and include a wide range of popular Thai as well as international cuisine.