Addiction Treatment Pathway
The Cabin’s treatment pathway follows a similar path for every client, but each phase will be custom-tailored to you.
- PRE TREATMENT: DETOX AND STABILISATION (OPTIONAL)
- Not all addictions require a medical detox. If you’ve used, alcohol or certain other substances for a long time, you’ll require medical supervision to safely taper off.
This stage generally takes about a week.
- STAGE 1: PRIMARY TREATMENT
- Your acute treatment plan will be carried out at at our residential centre, away from stressors and triggers.
At the end of this stage, which lasts from one to three months, you’ll have learned to reduce stress and respond to cravings effectively, helping you to cope with life outside of treatment.
- STAGES 2 AND 3: STEPPED DOWN TREATMENT (OPTIONAL)
- After you have completed primary treatment, you may have the option of moving to our Sober House. Here, you can reintegrate with the outside world while still attending group therapy sessions and being highly supported.
The programme is fairly intensive for two to three months (second stage) before reducing to allow for greater self-management (third stage).
- POST TREATMENT: CONTINUING CARE & LIFELONG RECOVERY
- Your treatment doesn’t end when you leave The Cabin – we’re here for you at all times to make sure you have the support you need to ease into relapse-resistant recovery. After you’ve successfully completed treatment, you’ll begin continuing care.
This includes a combination of complimentary group therapy sessions via our Online Video Aftercare Programme, follow-up treatment at an Intensive Outpatient Programme in your city, 12-step fellowship and your own daily recovery practices.