Success Rates and Clinical Achievements at The Cabin Chiang Mai
At The Cabin Chiang Mai, tracking and measuring our success rates is very important to us. We value the pressure that rigorous internal and external evaluation places on us to both perform at the highest level and continue to improve when it comes to treating addiction. We use a range of evidence-based tools, approved by the addiction and wider medical community, to measure directly the success of our treatment method as well as its ongoing effectiveness over time with the client. These assessments are conducted by 3rd party, independent bodies that impose the highest standards with respect to their measurement of success. We also value our clinical achievements – our contribution to research, education and training in the addiction field worldwide.
Below is more detailed information about our success rates and clinical achievements.
Our Success Rates – Evidence Based Research
Evidence of the success rates of rehabs around the globe is not easy to find. However, at The Cabin we believe strongly in evaluating our performance and publishing the results in appropriate forums. Our treatment completion rate of 96% is well documented on this site and in our literature. What the two tables below represent is our current results for two of the most popular psychometric testing scales – DASS and DTCQ. These results are compiled and verified by a registered psychologist with the Australian Psychologist’s Board.
DASS Scale – Depression, Anxiety, Stress Scale
DASS is a psychometric test that evaluates a person’s emotional wellbeing taking in to account depression, anxiety and stress. Please note, a lower score is better.
January to December 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 based upon clients completing treatment.
Depression moves on average from Severe to Normal
Anxiety from Severe to Normal
Stress from Severe to Normal
DTCQ – Drug Taking Confidence Questionnaire
This second chart shows clients subjective belief in their ability to abstain from drugs and alcohol given stressful or testing situations.
Clinical Achievements – The Cabin Working with the Addiction Community
The Cabin is a major contributor of research and knowledge to the addiction community both locally and worldwide and has featured prominently in key research and training in the field of addiction. Staff at the Cabin work with the top people and institutions in addiction from all over the world and contribute important findings garnered from their work and research at The Cabin.
Some recent key clinical achievements include:
- Keynote Speaker at the United Kingdom and European Symposium on Addictive Disorders 2016 (UKESAD)
- Keynote Speaker at the Asia-Pacific Behavioral and Addiction Medicine Conference 2015 (APBAM)
- Trainer/Speaker at the 4thAnuual UK Mental Health & Addiction Workshop 2015
- Speaker at the 6th Annual West Coast Symposium on Addictive Disorders 2015 (WCSAD)
- Keynote Speaker at the United Kingdom and European Symposium on Addictive Disorders 2015 (UKESAD)
- Trainer/Speaker at The Psychotherapy Society of Hong Kong 2015
- Speaker at the Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and Other Drugs Scientific Conference 2014 (APSAD)
- Addiction Treatment Workshop at Thanyarak Khon Kaen Hospital 2013
- On-site Addiction Treatment Workshop for Khon Kaen Detox Centre 2013
Addiction Treatment Workshop at Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital, Chiang Mai 2013
- Addiction Treatment Workshop for Maldives National Drug Agency 2013